Scheherazaad

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bad Penny is coming along fine. I did a fitting last week and it fit perfectly on the top half. The nice thing about knitting a top down raglan is that you can try it on as you go. I hope the bottom end works out too. I should know by next week.

My next project will be a birthday gift for a friend. I really like the garter stitch tea cozy in Rowan Classic Home 5, but I am reluctant to buy the whole book for just one pattern, especially at Rowan prices. I might just fake it without the pattern. After all I will have to buy yarn for this, as I have nothing suitable in my stash.

Now what I do have suitable yarn for is a sweater based on that silver dress in the post below. But not silver: emerald green or sapphire blue mercerized cotton. I could also do a gray wool version. I took a closer look at the construction of that garment today and it looks daunting. The usual Italian bravura finishing. If I go for this it will be a much simplified and/or abstracted version.

2 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

i can't wait to see photos of it.

btw, i picked up a new knitting book yesterday at the library. the cover is horrible, but the books was surprisingly inspiring.

http://www.masondixonknitting.com

11:04 a.m.  
Blogger Scheherazaad said...

You found Mason Dixon Knitting at your library!! That book is ridiculously waitlisted at our library. I have browsed through it at a yarn store. I will probably buy it in the future. It is inspiring. It is full of good practical ideas that make you think that you should have already thought of them. As well as their own web site their is a MasonDixon Knit-a-long site.

4:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home