Scheherazaad

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Yesterday evening I finally made it to the the yarn shop The Naked Sheep. That was my first visit. I went mainly to see Rowan Classic Home 5, because I have become obsessed with the tea cosy. Unfortunately (or fortunately because it saved me $40) the tea cosy was the only pattern in the book that I think I would knit. Unfortunately for my wallet I found another book: Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan. Gaughan is my favourite Vogue Knitting designer of the 1980s. This is her first book. It is as awesome as her previous knitting designs, so it had to come home with me. I memorized the tea cozy pattern and bought some lovely yarn to make it with. The Naked Sheep stocks Malabrigo: soft worsted weight merino from a womens coop in Uruguay. The yarn is hand painted. I wanted all of the colourways but I focused on the tea cozy pattern and bought one green and two burgundy/pink skeins( called Little Lovely). I hope they work because I won't have the heart to exchange them and I will go broke buying more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Not An Artist said...

You know, I have never yet made it out to the Naked Sheep either, and as the crow flies I'm pretty sure its the closest one to where I live.

1:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home