Scheherazaad

Friday, October 13, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tigerella (unripe)

This is my first post for October. I have been very negligent about writing. Either I am not in the mood or I am totally preoccupied with job hunting. Job hunting must be one of the worst full time occupations ever. Very intense. Much too intense. But today was different. I actually got to teach today. I was called in this morning for a day of supply teaching at a small private school. I had a drama and a science class with grade nines. My modest selection of dama games were well received. I learned everyones names and they had fun. In science class they explained logic truth tables too me, since I had no science to teach. The day ended with a party for a departing teacher.

Last night was the first frost. I was ready for it. I wrapped the zucchini plants and some of the tomato plants (including the ones above) in floating row cover cloth. The day was sunny but ended with actual snow flurries. Fortunately I captured some good fall garden photos on the weekend. I will try to post some in the days to follow.

2 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

will your tomatoes have a chance to ripen or will you have to ripen them inside?

yeah on the friday job. keep a stiff upper lip, girl.
you will find a teaching position that you love.

9:44 a.m.  
Blogger Scheherazaad said...

I am hedging my bets. I took some of the tomatoes inside and left some of them outside under row covers.

10:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home