Scheherazaad

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I have spent the last two weeks filling out applications, packaging my CV and visiting school principals. After graduating from a year long teacher training program I am in the same position as before I started the course: unemployed and frantic. Maybe worse: I now also have added $5,000 of debt. It wasn't supposed to be like this. We were told that teachers are in demand. If this is the case, they may be in demand but they are not being hired. I have not received a single call from any of my applications. I am now applying for supply, adult education and night school. I am willing to teach in any high school class room. This is very frustrating. Somehow I feel ripped off. Sigh.

My teaching life in a package:

1. cover letter, personalized with name of institution and vice principal
2. resume
3. references.
4. Ontario College of Teachers Certificate
5. Summative Evaluation of Field Experience: Drama
6. Summative Evaluation of Field experience: History
7. Envelope

2 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

have you applied to sub?

7:55 p.m.  
Blogger Scheherazaad said...

Yes, that's what we call "supply". They won't add any new supply teachers to the registry until November. I am now applying to private schools to be on their supply lists also.

9:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home