Scheherazaad

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the 3 skeins of Malabrigo that I bought at the Naked Sheep. This is a big deal for me because I am supposed to be working strictly from my stash. I have a large stash. I used to pay for storage for this stash before I moved out of an apartment and into a house with a basement. But this yarn is beautiful. I can think of so many things to knit with it other than the tea cozy. I'm sure there will be leftovers.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here I am at my last fitting of "Bad Penny". I was going to start the bottom ribbing at this point but after studying the photo for awhile I've decided to add another 3 inches to the body. "Bad Penny" was designed as a short sexy top but I think that trend is coming to a close. Also I would rather not worry about whether or not my zipper is showing like it is in the photo. Where was the stylist?!! (Oops she's in the photo!!)

For some reason the name "Bad Penny" brings to mind the 80's bad girl song Brass in Pocket (Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders).

'CAUSE I GONNA MAKE YOU SEE
THERE'S NOBODY ELSE HERE
NO ONE LIKE ME
I'M SPECIAL, SO SPECIAL
I GOTTA HAVE SOME OF YOUR ATTENTION
GIVE IT TO ME
'CAUSE I GONNA MAKE YOU SEE
THERE'S NOBODY ELSE HERE
NO ONE LIKE ME
I'M SPECIAL, SO SPECIAL
I GOTTA HAVE SOME OF YOUR ATTENTION

GIVE IT TO ME

On that note this bad girl will continue knitting "Bad Penny" into a long lean sexy top.

3 Comments:

Blogger Not An Artist said...

DROOOOL. That malabrigio is luscious! And Bad Penny looks fabulous, I'm with you on the longer top trend. Thank goodness that is over, it is not friendly to my curvy body ;)

PS: Now I have that song stuck in my head! I'm Special (so Special)...

1:30 p.m.  
Blogger dawn said...

i love chrissie hynde...
she is the standard to be measured by.

...you had me worried. i thought you were more righteous & only knitted from your stash.
this post instantly made me feel better.

since we hit 105 so far today, i don't knit sweatahs
anymore...but last night at dance, i was knitting a scarf while it had cooled off to 101. (not knitting while dancing, but parking my bootay on the couch while vv dances kind of knittin')

5:02 p.m.  
Blogger Scheherazaad said...

not an artist, if you are going to have a song stuck in your head this is the one to have.

dawn, I am knitting "Bad Penny" with cotton. The bulk of my stash is cotton and appropriate for 105. Thank God the heat finally broke here, last weekend, although we are supposed to get another hit this weekend.

7:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home