Scheherazaad

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Witch Hazel (I love the fall colour of this shrub)

I think I have finally recovered from the trauma of my French Teacher interview last week. I'm fairly sure that I aced the written part but the rest was very awkard. When I arrived at the interview the receptionist seated me in a side room and told me to begin the written exam (an essay on a pedagogical question). Five minutes into this an interviewer (retired school principal) comes rushing into the reception area upset that an interviewee is either late or missing. Of course the interviewee in question was me. The much agitated interviewer insisted that I stop writing and immediately follow her for my oral interview. She introduced me to her colleague who would be asking me questions in French. They then proceeded with a tag team interview: one question in French, the next in English the next in French etc.... This I had not expected. I thought that the French part would only be casual questions and totally separate from the English interview of pedagogical questions. I had prepared my English answers, but I could not orally answer academic questions in French. Of course at the elementary level students know only the present and past indicative tense and I had not expected to be questioned at a higher level. Naturally my discomfort with the alternating French questions affected my response to the English questions. I can only hope and pray. They will give me the results by the end of the week.

2 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

hell, i don't even know what a pedagogical question is, much less try to answer it.

you are way smarter than i hope to be.
fingers crossed, love.

12:43 p.m.  
Blogger Scheherazaad said...

Thanks Dawn, I definitely need some luck for this. Pedagogy is the study of teaching, therefore a pedagogical question is a theoretical or practical question about "how do you teach?". Not the type of question that is likely to occur in an elementary classroom.

4:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home