Scheherazaad

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Baby it's Cold Outside

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes it is cold outside. We haven't had a single day above 10 C all week. My moebius neck warmer is my first cold weather finished object this season. The tropical colours help me think extra warm thoughts. The yarn was an impulse buy when I was in NYC this summer. It was my second trip to Seaport Yarn. I got lost on the first trip and the shop was closed by the time I found it. It was well worth the second trip. Seaport Yarn is a "must see" in lower Manhatten packed with all kinds of good yarn deals and a sales person with good advice. I was looking for sock yarn when this novelty yarn caught my attention and refused to let go. It's Colinette Giotto, and it comes in many delicious colours. It was very difficult to choose just one. I did buy sock yarn too -Aussi Sock photo below -which I'm using to knit the fingerless gloves Fetching . Although by now its already cold enough for fleece lined mitts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

girl!!!!
that is cold.
it is finally cooler here & holidayesque.

that yarn is beautiful.

8:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home