Scheherazaad

Monday, July 23, 2007

Lazy Summer

I am still enjoying a lazy summer. So much so that I now call myself (whenever I am actually talking to myself) "the world's laziest stay at home mom". Because I feel a little guilty I try to schedule a few chores a day (loads of laundry, dishes etc...), but with a limit of one hour per day. I failed on Saturday when I logged eight hours of laundry (washing, sorting, folding, organizing and putting away). You know that you are really lazy when laundry becomes an event in your life. Today I will avoid house work. Today's event is to complete all teaching related paperwork. Yes it just keeps on coming. This time it is benefits and "ocassional teacher list" renewal. I will also go out to buy the craft rings needed for my Knit The Classics project: a watch pocket from an 1848/49 edition of Godey's Lady's Book. The benefits of all this laziness is that I now have no dark circles under my eyes and a near flawless complexion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with relaxing in the summertime! The rest of the year is alway so hectic! I love flowers (and I can see that you do too) so it only makes sense that we slow down in the summer-- that way we have a chance to stop and admire them!

12:31 p.m.  
Blogger dawn said...

eight hours of laundry is everything but lazy, honey.

i got up at 5 to do laundry...to get it done feels like we are beating the system, somehow.

9:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home