Scheherazaad

Monday, March 19, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Witch Hazel

I have had a lot of trouble trying to access blogger lately with this new system, so I am even further behind in posting than I wanted to be. In two days it will be the first day of spring and we are still snow covered and freezing, but the witch hazel is in bloom. At first I couldn't believe it when the flashes of red caught my eye. I had to walk right up to the shrub and marvel at its audacity to bloom when the temperature is still dipping below freezing.

4 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

that is some ballsy witchhazel.
hope spring comes to you soon.

9:45 a.m.  
Blogger Not An Artist said...

So thats witchhazel huh? I like it! And I like its tough attitude towards weather...

10:27 a.m.  
Blogger Yvette said...

Great photo! Is this in your garden?

1:38 p.m.  
Blogger Scheherazaad said...

This shrub is in my garden in the bed closest to the curb. That way I can actually see it when it is in it's glory even if it is surrounded by deep snow or muddy ground

5:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home