Scheherazaad

Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Honeymoon is Not Over Yet!

This was day four of teaching. I love teaching, I love the school and I love the kids. Apparently the kids love me too. One of my drama classes really gave my day a boost when after our first class they gave me a standing ovation. I have never had a standing ovation for anything before. Some claimed that it was the best drama class they had ever had. One boy said that it was the first drama class in a month that he was not sent to the principal's office. The principal was thrilled and congratulated me. I don't think I did anything special except be me, and listen to what the kids had to say. Also all of the students are glad that they don't have a supply teacher anymore. They had five in the last two months. Now if I could only get more sleep. I am up late every night creating lesson plans. I'm looking forward to sleeping on the weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

What school again? Is it HC, the one you mentioned? Get a full time gig there girl and I'll send my kid to you in a year and a half. She is in need of inspiring teachers in this tired old system.

Rock on! I'm thrilled for you.

10:49 p.m.  
Blogger dawn said...

congrats, girl!!

i am so happy for you.

8:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home