Scheherazaad

Saturday, August 11, 2007

I travelled to New York by bus on Wednesday. The original plan was for my husband and me to drive, but on Tuesday evening he injured his shoulder in a cycling accident. He was left too sore and stiff to drive or sit through a 10 hour drive. I did a lot of sock knitting on a bus ride that stretched into 12 hours because of delays at the border. The good side to this is I totally missed the subway chaos that resulted from a tornado, and flooding in Brooklyn. Yes a tornado in Brooklyn. The roofs of several houses were torn off, and parts of the subway flooded. By the time I arrived the subway was running normally.

Probably because of the torrrential rain that accompanied the tornado the weather cooled down and the next day was sunny and pleasant. My meetings were finished in the morning and I went off to meet the talented Sahara of Sistahcraft. We talked knitting for hours, then she pointed me in the direction of School Products. There I bought some beautiful mauve cashmere/silk (photos next week). I walked on to a Japanese book store to browse the craft books. The choice was so overwhelming that I became indecisive. The books and their designs were so elegant and beautiful that I even wanted books on crafts that I don't make: children's soft accessories, lunch bags, crochet motifs to applique etc...

By nightfall I was still walking and my legs ached. I love walking in New York but I think I over did it. Fortunatly the next day was rainy and I traveled less and used the transit more.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronica said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. Isn't School Proucts great. They have the best deals on cashmere. Can't wait to see your pics.

9:56 a.m.  
Blogger dawn said...

i read about that tornado in the big B.
craziness.

2:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home