Scheherazaad

Friday, August 08, 2008

A Long TimeComing

Ankle Sock w Garter cuff

Its been so long since my last post. I almost completely dropped out of the Blogosphere; only dropping in sporadically to read other blogs. I was too busy during the school semester and then when it was over I completely avoided all but essential email on my computer. I was still knitting and finished a couple of pairs of socks. The ankle socks in the photo are 40" wool, 45% cotton, 15% polyamid and ohh so comfortable. I wish I could have knitt faster and knit more pairs.

This blog started because of the Knitting Olympics, Winter 2006, started by the Yarn Harlot. Now a new Olympics is starting today and a new Knitting Olympics: The Ravelympics. The Ravelympics is definitely a child of the Internet 2. Ravelry members world wide have created both teams and events. I have entered two events: WIP Wrestling and the Mitten Medley. I started a wrap in the spring for the Diva, for an Ebony Elite KAL. It is still unfinished and I will now wrestle it to the end of the Ravelympics. In a show of bravado or absolute foolhardiness I entered the second event. If I can't finish one object during a KAL how do I expect to finish two? My mitten pattern is Jared Flood's Druid Mittens, as seen on the cover of Vogue Knitting Fall 2008. I still have to run out and get my pattern this afternoon, for this evenings cast on.

Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Not An Artist said...

Great to see you tonight -- I told you I would make a point of reading your latest entry! Best of luck with all the WIP-finishing. I should take your example to heart...

4:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm glad to see you again. I had to run out and get that issue too-- I love mittenes! Yours are going to be beautiful...

12:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home