Scheherazaad

Friday, August 15, 2008

Mitten Medley

overcommitted mitten wip

The Team Drunken Knitters had an Olympic Opening Ceramony pub party last Friday. I managed to pick up my mittten pattern just before I got there. I was actually only swatching during the ceremonies. I did not cast on until Saturday. Several people had multiple Olympic projects. Definitely a lot of Hopeless Overcommittment. We watched the ceremonies on the pub widescreen TV. It was an amazing depiction of 3000 years of Chinese history. A lot of wire work was featured, tying Hong Kong in nicely, probably unintentionally.

The Druid Mittens are progressing well. I am very happy with the way the Noro colour changes look on the cuff pattern. Last night nina at creative Yarns showed me how to knit cables without a cable needle. This will be very useful for this mitten as it has multiple tiny cables per row. I need to start working on my WIP Wrestling.

I also just bought the Vogue Italia Black Issue. More about that next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Not An Artist said...

Ooooh those are gorgeous! Noro makes everything prettier, doesn't it.

I am a case of Olympic under-commitment, as the mittens I started at the opening ceremonies were finished on tuesday. I've started another pair of colouwork mittens to make up for it.

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Nice to see you blogging again! Those mitts are going to be lovely with the Noro!

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger urbanknitrix said...

WOW!! I just love the colors, just wow. I can't wait to see them completed.

9:34 a.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

RE Black vogue Italia, I like the fifth picture down as shown here.

9:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home