Scheherazaad

Friday, July 10, 2009

Tink Tink Tink ......

The saga of the Ooh La Lace Dress continues. I took a deep breath girded my loins and plunged into correcting the damage. Actually I gathered up my knitting and skeins and drove over to my LYS where sympathetic knitters could comfort me in my grief and help me stay determined to do what must be done. I ripped back to the life line (more life lines needed in the future). I then proceeded to swatch each remaining skein of yarn. All the knitters agreed that it was impossible to determine the relative shade of the yarn by strand alone, so the swatches were necessary. I have labeled each swatch and skein from darkest to lightest (photo below). Now I am tinking (unknitting stitch by stitch) the remaining 4 rows of lighter yarn. Once this is done, I will commence to knit from darkest to lightest skein alternating skeins. Proving that I can do the right thing.

paden,lace,knitting,dress,handmaiden

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Crochet Goddess said...

Wow that sounds like a lot of work. I am sure it will be worth all the work you are doing.

12:23 p.m.  
Blogger Yvette said...

You are brave indeed. My brain hurts, just reading the post.

5:18 p.m.  
Blogger Melodye said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments. I'll do the teaking of the zipper after I get it together. I wasn't too worried about the full dress as I have a good skirt pattern and had planned to lay it over the dress. I'll do the full dress this time. On to nmber 9. But I'm getting close. Thanks again, Melodye

7:59 p.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow wow wow. Now that is what you call grim determination! You kin do eet!!

7:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home