Scheherazaad

Monday, February 23, 2009

February is for Finishing Photos

I finally took some pictures of projects that I finished in December. The spiral scarf is the first crochet project that I have done in decades. I love crochet but crochet eats yarn. This scarf tooke 3 skeins of Manos yarn. I made it as a sample for my Fashion students. Most of the students enjoyed the project. The scarf incorporates all of the basic crochet stitches in a very straight forward way and produces a fun and funky accessory. I actually wear this scarf a lot, almost every day. I also made a matching head band to keep my ears warms, and avoid my "big hair".
I made the hat for my son. This is the first thing that I have hand knit that he actully wears. It fits him very well as long as he has short hair. Unfortunately once his hair grows it becomes a problem, just like mine.
Now if I could only finish those Druid mittens! I have closed the tops, but still have to knit two thumbs.

Photobucket

Spiral Scarf, Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica

Photobucket

Hat for a Skater-Boy, Cascade 220 Superwash

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors in that purple. And great hat! What pattern is that?

10:21 p.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi! So glad you dropped by the other day! At last, someone who feels my pain! LOL!

Love that purple! And the hat looks great on your son too : )

Good luck with the mittens!

4:23 p.m.  
Blogger emy said...

Sometimes,I wish I am just as disciplined in terms of finishing my projects...

I hope to get some done by end Mar!

5:19 a.m.  
Blogger Tamika said...

I love the hat! You have a handsome son.The hat looks great on him.

11:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home