Scheherazaad

Sunday, February 08, 2009

February is for Finishing


Interlocking Balloons

This weekend I joined the Ravelry forum group February is for Finishing. This group is to encourage the finishing of knitting UFO's. Now I am sure that one of the reasons that more timely finishing doesn't happen is because of too much time spent on Ravelry being encouraged to start too many projects. It's hard to kick a bad habit when it is so much fun. Despite my scepticism I have joined this support group and will try to act in good faith. I have proposed to finish:

1. Interlocking Balloons Scarf
2. Druid Mittens
3. Airy Wrap-Around Lace Sweater

All are fingering weight projects, and number 1 and 2 have lengthy charted patterns. I am only on row 21 of Interlocking Balloons' approximately 410 rows. I have to just knit the last 20 rows of shaping and the thumbs of both mittens. The endless wrap-around ties need to be started on project 3. This weekend I worked on the scarf and the mittens. The scarf was designed for sport weight yarn and although I love the single strand of Dale Baby Ull that I am using I am beginning to think that two ends would be much more efficient and just as pretty.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger TurquoizBlue said...

At least you were able to start your interlocking balloons scarf. I haven't been able to even begin mine. I've made up my mind that the remainder of February and all of March is going to be for me to knit and crochet the things I want.

12:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home