Scheherazaad

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year




I typically don't make official New Years resolutions but I think that I should at least try to write more blog entries this year. The major thing holding me back is that I like to include photos and my camera has been out of service. I now have another one that I can use. Also my school schedule (teaching and taking courses myself) doesn't leave a lot of self indulgence time. If I'm going to be self indulgent I would rather knit than take and upload photos of knitting. Of course Ravelry also steals a lot of time, but less and less these days now that the novelty has worn off. That said my current knitting project is part of a Ravelry KAL from the forum "We Love Shirley Paden" I have completed one sleeve of the Belted Jacket. I knit most of it on my road trip to Florida during Christmas break, so I call it the "I-75 Jacket" (once you cross the border the main Highway to Florida is the I-75). This is the first time that I have knit shaped lace. I found the increases difficult because every time I started a row I would have to calculate how many YOs and K2togs would fit. The decrease rows were more obvious. Now I am comfortable reading the lace without the pattern so that should make the next sleeve a little faster.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh pretty... Great color! WHo doesn't love a red sweater?

11:13 a.m.  
Blogger Scheherazaad said...

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to this red sweater.

10:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home