Scheherazaad

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Showing Some Stash

I thought I would show a little stash today. I'm not very good at keeping an inventory of what I have. It is all in my head and each yarn comes forward in my mind when I want it for something. at the Kitchener Knitting Fair last fall there was a vendor selling Habu. I only became aware of Habu, a Japanese textile producer after I joined Ravelry. Their products reminded me of Junichi Arai and other forward thinking Japanese textile designers that I first became aware of in the 80s. There is a Habu store in NYC. When I go there I fully expect to blow all previous yarn and textile buying budgets. i have to find some kind of control for this or I could be in trouble. I love the innovation and interesting textures this yarn has and produces in resulting textiles. I bought the two yarns below without even knowing what I would do with them. They keep me dreaming of infinite design possibilities. This yarn is inspiring. At the moment I think the fishnet (cut up Indonesian linen fishing nets), which is very prickly, will be trim for a bag. The Fique a type of pineapple fibre will become a summer hat.

Habu-Fishnet

Habu AOS Fishnet Yarn

Habu-Fique

Habu FQ-1 Fique

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what are you going to make out of such fine yarn?

6:28 p.m.  
Blogger Scheherazaad said...

They both seem best accessories. I'll post some pattern ideas later

9:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home